Out of the four restaurants we dined at during our time on Hamilton Island, Bommie Restaurant was my favourite. Bommie Deck was the perfect spot to watch sunset with spectacular views of the Whitsundays, followed by a menu of well thought-out and beautifully presented contemporary Australian dishes. The tasting menu offered was absolutely delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed every single dish. DH and I are not big fans of oysters (in fact we rarely ever eat them because we do not like the texture and taste in general) but we both loved the oyster mousse appetiser.
For those who cannot decide between dining at Bommie or qualia's Long Pavillion (which I believe only cater for guests staying at qualia or by invitations only), having had the degustation menu at both restaurants, I preferred Bommie because it suited my palate better and I felt all components of each dish tied in really well together. I will make a separate post for qualia's Long Pavillion when I get round to it =).











