I know we are more than half way into January now but this is still my first post in 2016 so I guess it is not too late =). DH and I are currently in Hamilton Island and we are heading home in a couple of hours. Our flight got delayed so I have some spare time to finally finish some posts that I drafted a long time ago. This one continues from my last post about our trip to Venice in 2014.
On our last day in Venice, DH and I woke up early for a quiet morning stroll before the city is again filled with crowds of tourists. It had rained the night before so early morning was quite cold and wet but that did not bother me at all. St Mark's Square was so serene and remarkably empty that I was able to capture some shots of this famous landmark without it being covered by tourists (such as myself =))
When we returned to our hotel to finish packing before heading out again for a gondola ride, little did we know that we were lucky to have enjoyed such a nice walk in the morning because by lunch time, most of Venice streets were flooded with water rising up to the knees. Fortunately for us, we have been exploring Venice for 2 days by then and walked around enough to be able to navigate our way to the main canal without having to enter flooded paths.










