DH and I visited the seaside village of Cassis on a day trip from Aix en Provence, where we based ourselves for 4 days. It took us over two hours to find a parking spot close to the town centre but it was worth it because it was either that or park 10 minutes away and then join the long queue under scorching midday sun to catch the bus into town. Cassis is a beautiful town no doubt and its calanques are absolutely magnificent. To be honest, if I hadn't allocated a few days for Aix en Provence with the intention of visiting nearby towns before heading to Nice, I would have skipped Cassis because it would have been a really long drive. If you are planning to visit the Provence region though, Cassis is definitely worth a visit. It depends on your personal preference but if I was to visit Cassis again, I would choose to go during the shoulder season (September-October) instead of August to have a bit more space to myself and slowly explore the place without having to navigate through huge crowds.
We are currently in Interlaken and will be here for four more days. It's been cloudy with occasional showers for the past two days but the weather forecast predicts the next few days to be clear and sunny so we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can head up to Jungfraujoch on Tuesday!
xx











